This Privacy Statement applies to Flanders Classics NV, hereinafter referred to as Flanders Classics, with registered offices at Harensesteenweg 228, 1800 Vilvoorde and registered with the KBO with company number 0818.388.802. This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the processing of personal data by Flanders Classics as the liable party, i.e. the only processing for which Flanders Classics determines the purpose and the means.
Flanders Classics attaches a lot of importance to the protection of your personal data and wants to inform you as elaborate as possible which data we collect, for which purpose and what your rights are within this framework. We process personal data of our customers for the events we organise. Furthermore, this Privacy Statement is also applicable when you make use of our websites, applications, participate in an event, in a competition or market research or when you otherwise make use of the products and services we offer.
Flanders Classics NV
What personal data do we process?
Personal data that you share with us
Within the framework of the products and services that we offer, we process the personal data that you communicate to us yourself. This communication can be done through several channels, such as by phone (e.g. when you have a question about our products and/or services, etc.) or in writing (e.g. when you download a Flanders Classics application, you participate in a competition or event, you have subscribed to a newsletter, you fill out an (online) order form, you contact us via e-mail, etc.). For the use of certain of our products and services, it will be necessary to share personal data with us, for example to create an account when you want to use an application or when you purchase certain of our products or services, etc.
We also collect additional information about your interaction with Flanders Classics websites and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to each website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, the number of visits, and reference websites. We also use tools to analyse websites on our websites in order to obtain information from your browser, including the website you came from, the search engine(s) and keywords you used to find our website, the pages that you visit on our website, the add-ons in your browser, and the width and height of your browser.
We use technologies such as cookies and web beacons (described below) to obtain information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you perform on our websites and services.
If you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from Flanders Classics, we can use web beacons, custom links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click so that we can send more focused e-mail communications or other information to you.
In order to give you a more consistent and personal experience in your interactions with Flanders Classics, the information collected through a Flanders Classics service can be combined with information obtained through other Flanders Classics services. We can also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies. We can use the services of other companies that allow us to derive the general geographical area from your IP address so that we can customise certain services in the geographical area in which you are located.
Most Flanders Classics websites use “cookies” - small text files - which are placed on your hard drive by a web server. Cookies contain information that can be read later by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Flanders Classics websites can contain electronic images known as web beacons - sometimes called pixel gifs - that can be used to deliver cookies to our websites and allow us to count the users who have visited these pages and also to provide co-branded services. We can also place web beacons in promotional e-mails or in our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and/or acted upon.
Flanders Classics can also use web beacons from third-parties to help us compile average statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our websites. We prohibit third parties from using web beacons on our websites to collect or view your personal information.
Lastly, we can also work with other companies that place ads on Flanders Classics websites to place web beacons on their websites so that we are able to develop statistics on how often clicking an ad on a Golazo website, for example, leads to a purchase or other action on the advertiser's website.
When you create an account on the platform as a volunteer, we collect the personal data needed in order to be able to create your profile and to monitor your usage.
When you apply for your accreditation through our website, we collect the information that you provide us with.
Personal data that we obtain from third parties
When you need to create an account for some of our products or services, you have the option to do that through your social media account. When you do so, we collect certain of your profile data such as your email address and your public data to create your account. These data can also be received from partners or affiliated companies of Flanders Classics. This data can also be used for purposes in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In addition to this data, we sometimes also use the following data relating to you:
Photos, videos and other audiovisual material;
Localisation during the event;
Results for publication;
When you attend one of our events, we can collect your data via (i) video surveillance cameras (we use signs where such cameras are used), and (ii) if available, via cashless payment wristbands that can be used to gain access to events and make on-site purchases during the event;
When you use a social media function within our website or apps, and you post on social media, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
If you have accessibility requirements, we want to ensure that you have the best experience attending the events. To be able to do this, we need to collect data about your needs (which can include providing information about your mental or physical health).
In the rare cases where we collect personal information about children, we always seek parental consent and will only collect such information for the purposes specified at the time that we collect it.
For what purposes are these personal details processed?
Because the processing of data is necessary to create an agreement
The following processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement. If you do not agree to these processing operations, we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the requested products and/or services.
- The general management of your registrations and/or orders of our services and/or products, including the registration thereof, the processing of your payment, offering customer service in the context of these orders, managing event reminders and any accessibility requirements and cashless payments, etc.
- The general management of the event, including ensuring the safety of all involved, the logistical organisation, etc.
- The making of audiovisual material (pictures, videos, etc.) during an event organised by Flanders Classics and the publication of these on the Flanders Classics website and social media or those of associated companies.
- Managing the progress of the event, including enabling the localisation of the participants and ensuring the safety of the event;
- The public announcement of the standings and the photos, videos or audiovisual material on the website of the event and on the website of other media channels;
- Building a personalised web page for you, including details of your participation in the event, which you can also make visible to others, and monitoring the use of this web page.
Because we have a legitimate interest in processing
Certain personal data are processed by us on the basis of a legitimate interest and in particular for the following purposes:
- To improve and optimise the services and products we offer,
- For market and other statistical research in order to better tailor our services and products to the target audience and to identify certain trends,
- To keep you as a customer or participant informed about similar services or products offered by Flanders Classics and its affiliated companies (customer management). If you no longer wish to receive such communication, you can unsubscribe at all times.
- The making of audiovisual material (pictures, videos, etc.) during an event organised by Flanders Classics,
- To use audiovisual material (pictures, video's, etc.) made during an event and on which you are depicted as an image for the promotion of the event, next editions of the event or similar events (on our website, through social media, etc.)
- To improve the security of our services and products, and to detect and (preventively) combat abuse and fraud.
- To provide you with information about the services and products of the partners and sponsors of the event in which you are participating.
- To prevent or detect unlawful conduct, to protect or enforce our legal rights or in other cases permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets are in the hands of real fans and participants. In this capacity, we can use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property, fraud or other crimes.
Because we are legally obliged to process
We may process certain personal data in the context of a legal obligation incumbent upon us. For example, we may need certain personal data from you for aspects of our bookkeeping, such as the preparation and maintenance of invoices.
Only if we have obtained your consent
For the purposes listed below, we will only process your personal data if you have given us your consent:
- The transfer of your personal data to partners and sponsors, who may use it to inform you about their products and services,
- The transfer of your personal data to partners and sponsors, including audiovisual material (such as publications on websites, carrying out statistical analyses, etc.),
- To receive information, newsletters, advertisements or other communication regarding non similar products and services from Flanders Classics and her affiliated companies and events,
- To process your health data when these are relevant to the services and/or products we offer.
Recipients of the personal data
The personal data you provide can be shared by Flanders Classics with the aforementioned recipients:
- Managers, developers and other suppliers of IT-infrastructure and IT-applications, including our website(s), application(s), etc,
- Service providers that assist us in delivering, handling, improving and/or optimising our services and/or products,
- Suppliers who provide us with certain (supporting) services in the context of the proper organisation and smooth running of the event,
- Our sponsors & partners, including advertisers,
- Affiliated companies and events,
- Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. when you register for our services and/or products via a social networking site.
- Linked domain names and event website: flandersclassics.be; omloophetnieuwsblad.be; gent-wevelgem.be; ddvl.eu; rondevanvlaanderen.be; scheldeprijs.be; debrabantsepijl.be; brusselscyclingclassic.be; rondevanlimburg.be; superprestigecyclocross.be; ucicyclocrossworldcup.com.
If we wish to provide your personal data to third parties other than those listed here, we will only do so with your prior consent, except to the extent that we are required to pass it on in the context of a legal obligation or court order.
We use third parties, subcontractors, external service providers, other bodies and affiliated companies with whom we have made the necessary arrangements with regard to data processing within the context of our agreement.
Securing your personal information
Flanders Classics is committed to protecting the safeguarding of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems to which access is restricted and which are located in monitored areas.
If a password is used to protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you share a computer with someone else, you should always log out before leaving the workstation or service so that subsequent users do not have access to your information.
Your personal data that we process will not be processed by us any longer than necessary to provide you with the requested services and/or products, for the purposes described in this privacy statement and/or to comply with a statutory obligation.
Your rights as a data subject
When Flanders Classics processes personal data about you, you always have the following rights concerning these personal data:
Right of access: you have the right to know whether or not personal data are processed and if so, to have access to these data.
Right to correction: you always have the right to have incorrect personal details corrected. You will be able to adjust certain data directly yourself, for example via a profile page in an application. For the correction of other incorrect personal data, you can contact us via the contact information found at the top of this privacy statement. As soon as we receive your request, we will correct your personal data within the legal deadlines.
Right of erasure: in the cases mentioned below, you also have the right to obtain the erasure (via email@example.com) of your personal data:
- If the personal data is no longer needed for the above mentioned purposes,
- If the processing is based on consent and you withdraw your consent,
- If you object to the processing on the basis of a legitimate interest and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for this processing,
- If the processing of the personal data is unjustified,
- If the personal data must be deleted due to a legal obligation.
Right to restriction of processing: in the following cases you have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data. This restriction means that from that moment on, with the exception of their storage, your personal data may only be processed with your consent or for a number of other purposes defined by law. Cases in which the processing of personal data can be restricted:
- If you dispute the accuracy of personal data concerning you,
- If the processing is unjustified, but you do not wish the data to be deleted,
- Pending the answer to the question whether our legitimate grounds outweigh those of you as a data subject, if you have objected to the processing on the basis of a legitimate interest.
Right of portability: if the processing is based on your consent or is necessary in the context of a contract or if the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, accessible and machine-readable form, and to transfer it to another data controller.
Right to object: you have the right to object (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to the processing of personal data relating to you in the following cases:
- If the processing is based on a legitimate interest,
- If the processing is done for the purpose of direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing that took place before its withdrawal.
Right to lodge a complaint: finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at any time.
Use of photos and videos
During our events, photos, videos and other audiovisual material may be recorded. These events may or may not take place in a publicly accessible place. By participating in an event, you accept that photos and other audio-visual material from the event will be recorded on which you are visible, but where the visual material is not built around your person as a central figure. We have a legitimate interest in using such photos and audio-visual material for the promotion and perception of our events and share it with our affiliated companies, partners & sponsors.
Photos and audiovisual material may also be recorded with you as the central figure. We have a legitimate interest in using these photos and audiovisual material in brochures, on posters and general marketing material and on the website of the event and Flanders Classics (www.flandersclassics.be) for the promotion and atmospheric experience of the event and of its subsequent editions. You have the right to request the deletion of these photos up to 6 weeks after the event. To do so, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your surname, first name, the name of the event in which you participated and an indication of the photo or video in question. Proof of your identity can be requested.
This privacy declaration can be adapted from time to time to bring it in line with changes to the range of our services and/or products. It was last amended on 15-09-2023.